Blog prompt #5
The cultural reference I want to write about that Junot Diaz brings up in the book is Lord Of The Rings because I am not very familiar with Lord Of The Rings. Without doing any research I know that Lord of the Rings is a fiction movie that has many series. I know that in the movies the thing everyone wants is the ring, Junot Diaz mentions "the ring" many times. I also know that there are main characters like Gandalf and Smeegle, the weird little creature thing that says "My precious" in that creepy voice. I also know it can be known to be a nerdy movie by some standards so that makes sense why its mentioned when Oscar is.
I have very little experience with Lord Of The Rings, I have watched tiny parts of some of the movies, but I hardly remember anything besides them all being in a creepy cave. I want to know more about the plot and the movie in general so I can understand why it is used the way it is with Oscar. I would also like to see why Oscar liked it and if it is a nerdy movie/book series like I've heard.
I have very little experience with Lord Of The Rings, I have watched tiny parts of some of the movies, but I hardly remember anything besides them all being in a creepy cave. I want to know more about the plot and the movie in general so I can understand why it is used the way it is with Oscar. I would also like to see why Oscar liked it and if it is a nerdy movie/book series like I've heard.
Comments
Post a Comment