Blog Prompt #8; Civil Rights movement


Evan Corson
Civil Rights movement 
The civil rights movement was a huge turning point in our country’s history. The civil rights movement was happening largely between 1954 and 1968, around the same period of A Raisin in the Sun. Although the slavery was abolished after the Civil War, discrimination didn’t stop, and many African Americans still had to deal with the effects of racism. Because of this, African Americans and others began to fight for social equality. With the help of this movement, African Americans have become more educated, and had more opportunities. It brought a greater access to education, better jobs, and better living opportunities. The civil rights movement and women's movement go hand in hand in creating a better future for African Americans. I find these issues important to me because its sadly what were still facing in our world today. Civil Rights movements don’t necessarily have a direct effect on me, but it does that society around me and I personally would rather have more justice and equality in the world I live in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peer Draft

Essay 4 reflection

Essay 3 Reflection